Nobody enjoys moving. Given the packing, moving expenses, adjustment to a new location and a dizzying array of logistics, it’s no wonder the Employee Relocation Council names it as the third most stressful life event after death and divorce. Fortunately, if you’re relocating for a new job, Corporate Housing Associates, LP can make your move a lot simpler. You’ll still have a lot of work ahead of you, but the benefits of a pressure-free living arrangement will ease your mind.
Benefits that Make Hard Transitions Easier
- Choosing a place to live is an important decision that should never be rushed. With short-term accommodations, you’ll have more time to explore the area, and find a permanent home that meets all of your family’s requirements. You won’t have to deal with the immediate need to find a place to live at the same time you’re struggling to adjust to a new job and a new city, so you’ll be less likely to make a risky or uninformed housing decision.
- Corporate housing accommodations are often fully furnished, so you won’t have to unpack twice, or sift through a dozen boxes to find your coffee maker the day after you arrive.
- Short-term housing specialists understand the challenges you face; you will likely find them happy to help you learn about the area, and manage the details of relocating your family.
- In some places, you may even enjoy great bonuses like premium amenities and housekeeping services.
- Finding an apartment or house in a major city can be difficult, especially if you are working within a limited time frame. However, temporary corporate housing options are almost always available. There’s no need to panic.
- If you’re having a home built, or there is a waiting period before you can move in to a permanent residence, corporate housing provides a home-like atmosphere that makes the wait more pleasant.
- Many corporate housing options are located in the center of major cities, so your commute may be much easier. You won’t have to worry about getting lost in a new and unfamiliar place.
- Short-term accommodations can make it easier to follow established household routines from the first day, so the move is less chaotic for your kids.
Enjoy Commitment-Free Living While It Lasts
You may find that you love your corporate housing accommodations so much that you don’t want to leave. Unfortunately, your mountain of boxes will still be waiting for you. Once you’ve had time to decompress and adjust to your new life, you’ll be ready to take the plunge, and find the perfect long-term solution.