Located on the southwestern edge of Tennessee and resting along the Mississippi River, Memphis is a historic U.S. city. Revered around the world as the Home of the Blues, it is the birthplace of soul and rock-n-roll with legendary performers such as Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley and B.B. King creating memorable recordings at Sun Studios. Memphis is the home of Elvis’ Graceland, the second most visited private residence in the U.S. after the White House. To learn more about local history, visit the National Civil Rights Museum, Cotton Museum, Davies Manor Plantation, Slave Haven Museum, or the Victorian Village. Music lovers and history buffs will revel in Memphis’ distinctive southern charm and hospitality.
The most popular locations to live in Memphis are:
- Midtown with its eclectic taste for the arts, the home of the Memphis College of Arts and Memphis Zoo
- Germantown highlights include large homes with parks, schools, and the Performing Arts Center
- Cordova & Collierville are suburban communities east of Memphis with excellent schools and family entertainment
- East Memphis boasts the best restaurants and unique shopping experiences
- South Main Historic District offers urban living with upscale boutiques, galleries, and restaurants
When planning an extended stay or relocating to Memphis, MCHA is the company to call. MCHA’s housing experts know the city and its surrounding areas and with our knowledge and expertise, you can enjoy the finest furnished accommodations. Contact MCHA today and get a free quote.