Whether you’re on vacation, a business trip, relocating, or in need of temporary housing or short term housing
for any other reason, nothing is more cost effective, flexible, and comfortable than temporary housing (often called corporate or vacation housing). Many companies and individuals advertise temporary housing, but which one should you trust? Consider these factors as you research various housing providers.
1. Knowledge of the area – The best temporary housing providers are intimately familiar with the area in which you are looking for housing. They will usually have access to multiple properties in the area, and can offer you a range of choices to best suit your needs.
2. Flexibility – Can the company offer you a monthly or weekly rate? Can they handle the unique circumstances of your situation and needs? Are they willing to work with you, to help you find just what you’re looking for?
3. Price range – Your provider should offer a selection of properties in the price range you or your company can afford.
4. Options – Does the provider offer properties with the amenities and options you require or prefer? Think about what makes you most comfortable at home, and discuss these features with your housing provider. Do you prefer an apartment complex that offers a pool and hot tub? Are you bringing a pet? Is it important to you to have laundry facilities inside the unit? Will you need a crib? What about other amenities, such as an exercise facility, a nice view, or proximity to your work location, the beach, or other location attractions? Do you need parking, housekeeping, WiFi or a conference room? The best temporary housing providers will offer you detailed information about these and other options at the properties they represent.
5. Professionalism, service and reputation – Does the provider have a website where you can read testimonials from past clients? What happens if you have a problem or complaint? What if you have questions or you need additional assistance later on? Who will be there to answer your call and provide assistance?
The best thing you can do to make your temporary housing experience a pleasant one is to work with a reputable, conscientious housing provider like Corporate Housing Associates, LP. We don’t claim to be all things to all people, but in the markets we serve, we are unbeatable. Find out for yourself.
And while you let us do the work of finding the right housing for you, here’s a handy checklist for moving – it might come in handy even if your move is temporary.
Corporate Housing Associates: 866-697-3434