Are you relocating to The Woodlands? There are many fun outdoor activities in The Woodlands that makes it truly a great place to live! There are so many great opportunities for things to do whether you are looking for something for a date night or a day out with the family, you will find it here. Come explore all the fun outdoor activities that The Woodlands has to offer.
There are plenty of parks to visit in The Woodlands that offer fun for the kids as well as opportunities for all kinds of recreational activities. With miles and miles of hiking and biking trails, you can enjoy the many unique features of the parks that include:
- Butterfly gardens
- Walking trails
- Lakes & ponds
- Water parks
- Frisbee courses
- Bocci courts
- Koi garden
- Public art sculptures
If you are looking to get out to golf, you can’t go wrong in The Woodlands. There are some of the most amazing golf courses here designed by greats like Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer that offer challenging play for all skill levels.
You can begin your week playing at The Club in Carlton Woods, and try the course at Canongate at The Woodlands and finish your week at The Woodlands Country Club.
If you love to shop, you won’t be disappointed with all the options you have available in and around Town Center. Market Street is a quaint main street styled area where you can enjoy restaurants, popular shops as well as a venue for special events.
On the Water
The Waterway Trolley is a great way to get around. There are two trolleys that operate most of the day and the best part is that it’s free. You can get to places like:
- The Woodlands Mall
- Waterway Square
- Town Green Park
- Central Park at Market Street
And several additional places as well. It’s a great thing to do with friends and family and it’s fun.
The Fountains at Waterway Square is a must see. The water wall is 120 feet and dazzles as it is choreographed to a night lit display creating dancing colored waterfalls and a beautiful columns of water.
The Riva Rowboat House
If you enjoy kayaking, this is for you. It’s unquestionably the best way to see The Woodlands Waterway and Lake Woodlands in a whole new way.
A great idea for the kids, The Woodlands Children’s Museum gives kids 7 and under the opportunity to have a hands on experience with exhibits like the Dig Pit and Rainbow Tunnel, as well as several other fun things to do.
Events and Happenings
There is no shortage of events in The Woodlands. Whether you enjoy the arts, music or food, you can find an event that focuses on what you love. You can enjoy events like:
- The Run Thru the Woods – An annual charity event, this fun run is for runners of all ages and fitness levels raising money for many local charities. This five mile race takes place on Thanksgiving day.
- The Woodlands Dragon Boat Races – September 25 – 28th this four day event involves over 100 teams that compete at North Shore Park in boats powered by paddles. The teams consist of anywhere from 20 to 30 members and although the boat race is the main event, there are several other fun team activities that take place.
- The Texas Renaissance Festival (RenFest) – Taking place just outside The Woodlands and made up of various themed festivals that take place over eight weekends in the fall, these festivals allow you to venture back to the medieval times. Come in costume and enjoy entertainment, food, artisans and merchants, contests and more. As one of the largest renaissance fairs in the nation, you can be part of this exciting event as the 16th century comes alive.
- The Woodlands Winter Wonderland – Open from mid November to mid January, you can enjoy an outdoor ice rink surrounded by holiday scenes and storybook displays.
- Lightening of the Doves- This event kicks off the holiday season in The Woodlands with great music, dancing and festive lights.
A great way to see more of the area, heading out on a day trip allows you get an idea on what other attractions are available. The Blue Bell Ice Cream Factory is one of the most popular ice creams in the nation and getting an inside look at the creamery is a delicious idea.
If you are a fan of NASA you will enjoy the Space Center Houston. The whole family can take part in the many activities and educational opportunities including a tour of NASA, the kids space place, the astronaut gallery and more.
Enjoy the day at Lake Conroe boating, swimming, water skiing, fishing or one of the many other outdoor activities available. Have fun!